This game was created for Ludum Dare 43. The theme was “Sacrifices must be made”. Post-jam version is under construction.
Here we go, Ludum Dare again, one of the most famous indie game making competitions out there! The goal is to make a game that matches the theme in only 72 hours. LD43 was held from December 1 to 4 in 2018.
This was the second time I have participated, with 2 exciting news: I was using a new game engine called Godot Engine and I had my brother to help me out with testing. I’ve drawn the graphics in GIMP, and tried out Piskel for the first time for animations.
Features & controls
- Very appealing color palette
- Animations for the player and lava
- Level design that reveals itself to the player
- Narrative through proximity messages
- Multiple skins for the player as requeseted
- Solid platformer feeling and smart camera
- Arrow keys to move, X to activate ship
I’m still working on this one, but you can find the original LD43 version uploaded to itch.io on the link below. You can download it from there or actually play it online in your browser as I have exported it as an HTML5 game.